Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Calling all New Authors

Hello Elli here,

Being a new author can feel like being stranded on a deserted island. At least that's how I feel! I read all the articles and research ways to promote books and try not to spend a small fortune on ads. The reading and researching takes precious time away from what I really want to do, which is writing.

So, I want to try something different for my first book release. A word-of-mouth, self-help and 'help yourself' campaign. For now I'll call it Elli's Island for lack of a better title. I'm making this up as I go, cuz ya know that's what writers do...

Life on Elli's island can be lonely so I'm inviting guests to come and visit. Especially new and experienced erotic, spanking romance writers! I will welcome you with open (virtual) arms and bottomless glasses of wine. You must be over 18 and willing to share advice with other new or struggling erotic, spanking romance (ESR) authors. I may have just made that up, not sure. That's it, that's the only rule! Except be nice to each other, and I reserve the right to make up rules along the way.

So whaddya say fellow ESR authors? What are your words of wisdom for new ESR writers? Is there one single piece of advice they should follow to get noticed in a sea of other books? What helped you get your start? Or who helped you? What is your favorite way to promote your books and what has worked best for you? How much time do you spend promoting each day vs. writing?
*See the link provided below to make it easier to collect and share your answers with others.

For my first book release due out this Friday I want to promote using word-of-mouth, free services, or those at $50 or less. I will take your ideas and put them to the test, then share the results on my blog, Elli Ever Erotica.

Some things I plan to use are the free social media channels like Twitter and Instagram. I am fighting with myself about Facebook because I really don't like it, (yes I realize I'm the only person on the planet to be anti-Facebook but that's what happens when you live on a deserted island). I'm afraid it'll be a huge time-suck and want to be sure the benefits will outweigh the negatives. Help me decide please! I should mention I work a full time job, go to school and do freelance jobs, plus writing so I have no extra time to waste.

Other paid options I'm looking at are, instafreebie.com, fiverr.com and  askdavid.com. Please add to the list of low cost, worthwhile services that accept ESR type books that you believe have helped you promote and sell more books.

Another piece of advice I was given was to join Blog Hops which is one of the things I plan to try out.

Answer the list of questions here:
Short Survey for Erotic Spanking Romance Authors



Connect with me @elli_everafter
Email me directly at: elli.everson@gmail.com

Elli Everson writes erotic, spanking romance books, if this offends you please do not buy my books or read my blog or posts. On the other hand if you like to read spanking books with strong alpha males and the women they love to spank, then hop right up and enjoy!


Available at Amazon.com


1 comment: